Referrals and Resources

These resources are provided for information purposes only. They are not an endorsement or recommendation of these services. Please see my referral policy for more information. 

Crisis Resources

To receive help immediately, please contact one of the following:

Call 911 for local emergency services.

The NAMI Help Line (National Alliance on Mental Illness). 

Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., ET.

1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or

SAMHSA National Helpline (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service).

Open 24/7, 365 days a year. Confidential and free.

1-800-662-HELP (4357), or TTY: 1-800-487-4889

English and Spanish. 

This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. 

Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 

800-273-8255. Available 24 hours. 

English and Spanish.

National Domestic Violence Hotline


TTY 1−800−787−3224 

(206) 518-9361 (Video Phone Only for Deaf Callers). 

Free, confidential, 24/7. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through telephonic interpreter services.

Service referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

National Maternal Mental Health Hotline 1-833-9-HELP4MOMS

Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990

Poison Control 

Hotline 1-800-222-1222.

Call for help if you have swallowed, splashed, or gotten stung by something.

Non-Emergency Resources

Call 211 from most states in the U.S.A.

Find a Health Center 

Health Resources and Services Administration Office of Information Technology (HRSA) 

HRSA programs provide health care to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable. 

Telehealth Certification Institute

Member provider directory

Mental Health Counselor's Association of Palm Beach

Palm Beach County provider directory

Collegiate Recovery Programs

Listing of the higher educational institutions that are members of the Association of Recovery in Higher Education. The contact information for their collegiate recovery programs (CRPs) can be accessed via the the Excel directory button on that page.

Contact your insurance provider.

If you have an insurance policy or other type of healthcare plan, the best way to find providers who contract with them is to call them and ask for a link to or copy of their referral directory. I do not accept insurance, provide superbills, or communicate with insurance on your behalf. 

SAMHSA virtual-recovery-resources July 2021.pdf
Notice to marketers: 

This page is for these resources only. Requests for posting links to specific treatment centers and articles that promote them are declined, and you will not receive a response. If you would like to tell me about your facility as a possible referral source, please fill out this introduction form on my contact page